Vanilla cream and banana cinnamon compote



Yesterday I was a little sick, not as sick as I am today I must say, but totally in the mood to make a dessert out of the banana compote I made on Thursday. I had a Brazilian dessert on my mind, which was a little bit too complicate for the moment and sweeter than I wished. You can find the recipe here but in Portuguese only. I also had another dessert on my mind, a spiced cream with apple compote published by Bea at La Tartine Gourmande here:



The result of these different influences led me to a completely different thing which still shows some connections to its two inspirations. I promote a little renovation in the flavors of Delicia de Banana from my childhood and also added to my banana compote a little of the soothing sensation of the Spiced Cream with Apple Compote promised by Bea of Tartine Gourmande.




So I made a vanilla cream to be served with the banana compote which was made few days before. On the base a thin layer of the compote and on the top a thin layer of vanilla cream. Instead of eggs I used gelatin and cream because I did not want it to be a custard, just a fresh cream. I served in a water glass made by Rosendahl from Denmark.



Vanilla cream with banana cinnamon compote

Banana compote
10 ripe bananas
300 ml water
2 sticks cinnamon
300 grams sugar (use as much as you prefer)

Over a medium high heat melt the sugar with the cinnamon sticks in the water and add the banana after the sugar is melted. Let the bananas boil for five minutes and reduce the heat to low. Let the fruit cook for 30 to 40 minutes, mixing once in a while, until they get a red-brown color. When the compote has got the color you like take it from the heat and let cool for a couple of hours.



Vanilla Cream
300 ml heavy cream
100 ml milk (I used always extra low fat milk)
Scraps from half vanilla bean
80 grams of gelatin sugar (or use a tea spoon of gelatin if you don't find this sugar)

Melt the gelatin with a table spoon of water if you are using gelatin powder. In a pan mix cream, milk, vanilla scraps and sugar and cook it until it boils. Remove it from heat and let it cool slightly before distributing the cream on the glasses over a thing layer of banana compote. Serves 4.

Can be served with a white chocolate sauce or some cinnamon.


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas