My favorite green salad



I am that kind of person who finds pleasure in simple things. I definitely don't go through life after luxury or sophistication, not that I don't enjoy those things after all, because I do. It is just that the beauty of bare feet on the ground or a fruit compote served with a spoonful of soft cheese speaks to my heart. Simple is speaking without saying a word, telling more with less words, subtle, distinctive, natural.

Simple loves of mine: bread and butter with café au lait, rice and beans, guava jam with white cheese, sugarcane juice with lime, açaí with banana, roots samba, zabumba-triângulo-e-sanfona, iced-mate with warm cheese ball in São Paulo, iced-mate with Globo cookies in Rio, pineapple ice cream from the blue troller, freshly cooked corn at Praça 15 docks in Rio, acarajé from street vendors, sweet popcorn, churros del Uruguay and coconut tapioca on Barra da Tijuca beach.

This put I can tell that I just love simple salads my favorite salad being the most simple among the simplest. Spinach and green apples, isn't it simple. All right, actually it has few more things than just spinach and apples. Sometimes I happily add some slices of cucumber. Not today. For now what about adding slice of the best Parmesan cheese money can buy, homemade croutons with loads of garlic and a spoonful of the most tasteful dressing?

And here it is, and I don't much more to be satisfied:


Washed and dried fresh spinach leaves;


A whole green apple to be sliced;


The best Parmesan money can buy;


Homemade croutons with lots of garlic


and a tasteful dressing ...

Dressing for my favorite green salad

3 or 4 anchovy fillets
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 or 2 garlic gloves
salt and pepper

Smash, process or mix the ingredients until you get a homogeneous mixture. Transfer the mixture to a clean jam jar, seal it and refrigerate. Dress the salad with the mixture before serving. Can be kept refrigerated for a week.



Delicinha, viu?

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas